WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

The subtle changes traveling makes

There are some subtle changes that traveling and visiting new places can make in your life. Take just one area like food. I discovered a liking for black and white pudding in the UK. In the Republic of Ireland I learned to like Guinness and also to enjoy lamb stew. From Italy I returned liking sparkling water with dinner and prosecco before it. I also learned that donkey-meal ragu is not bad at all, but I would likely not order it again. Those are just some things I learned about myself and food.

There are other things in other areas. I found that I cannot use a bidet, nor want to. We will address this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment