WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Airport Security

Our last international flight was only to Canada, our neighbor to the north. We first flew out of Oakland International to Seattle. Because I wear a leg brace and always declare it, I am pulled from the line and patted down. Sometimes they do a swab to check for explosives. It does not bother me, but it sometimes holds up the line a bit. So, in Oakland, I decided to take off the brace before getting to the TSA checkpoint and place the brace in the gray bin. I figured that I would then put the brace on in the restroom after security.

I did take the brace off, and walked through the scanner without a beep. Then, I was pulled from the line and patted down. The TSA agent started with my left leg (the leg that usually has the brace). He looked up at me as if to say, "OK where did you put it?". My guess is that I have a record that appears somewhere declaring that I have a leg brace and I really haven't had to confess it and hold out the letter from my doctor.

Either that or I just happened to get a guy who wanted to pat me down and had a leg fetish.

No comments:

Post a Comment