WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Suitcases

We receive dozens of travel catalogues. Some are about trips or on transportation. Others are clothing and equipment sales. I read most of them. The ideas of where to go and how to get there are exciting. The catalogues listing all of the new gizmos for travel make me want to try them.

Last trip my trusted suitcase died. I had purchased it in Pennsylvania years ago when its predecessor bit the dust in mid-trip. This last suitcase had many miles on it. It had flown many trips and taken countless car rides. It suddenly needed to be replaced. I was ready.

The new case I got has four wheels instead of two and is very light. My old one seemed close to the airline maximum when empty. The new one has more handles and lots of features that the old one did not have. More importantly it is not all black.

One of the things I try to do is travel light and prefer to keep to a carry-on bag. When going away for a month I find this impossible. I know others can do it, but I can’t. This being said, checked luggage has to be unchecked which means standing at the baggage carousel. Nearly every suitcase on that thing is all black. While I had gussied up my old one and it had unique wear marks, it still looked like most of the rest.

I am looking forward to my next flight and not only packing the new case, but rejoicing in seeing it come up to greet me after the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment