WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

1000 PLACES TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE

     About three years ago a copy of Patricia Schultz’ "1000 Places to See Before You Die" came as a gift. The book was the number one best seller on the New York Times’ list for months. It is an amazing catalog of wonderful and interesting places.
     It is nice to have a future.
     One thousand places seemed like a large number, so I started first by checking off all those locales that I have already seen. Next I marked those places like Iraq and Afghanistan which are not primo places right now.
     Even avoiding the places that I cannot afford because of the weak dollar, I am left with around four hundred stops.
     Considering my life expectancy I think I can do it. Because I know that only the good die young that leaves me to grow old. I am prioritizing my list.
     I’m not sure that I really want to go to the Chatuchak Weekend Market in Bangkok, Thailand. I put that near the bottom, but the U Fleku Beer Experience in Prague, Czech Republic does not look either strenuous or hard to get to. It is put closer to the top.
     Just imagining a journey can make you feel better. You do not even have to go some place to enjoy it.It is exciting to think about possible adventures. Planning for the future is nearly as fun as the future itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment