WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Who’s cuisine curious?


     I plead guilty to being someone who feels a strange need to taste food items that I have never tried before. On a scale of 1 to 100, I have been blessed 93.6 percent of the time.
     As I do not usually take photos of food, the above is about the only one we have in our many trips. It is a thoughtful room service meal provided by the Hotel Diana in Rome when we arrived late for lunch - our connections didn't connect well. I will say that we only focused on the fruit as ham and green beans are available in California, and the airline fed us before landing.
     I like haggis and I am unapologetic about it. The Scots do great things with the parts of animals we throw away.
     In England and Ireland I discovered black and white pudding. It is not like your mother's pudding. I really like it. I know what is in it. I still like it.
     I worked with some Chinese folks for a number of years and ate things which might have made me say "no" but then I didn't know what they were and liked them.
      Disappointed? Sometimes I think something might be better than to turns out to be. That can hold true in a hamburger joint in Chicago or in a backstreet pie shop in London. I like, by the way, steak and kidney pie.
      There is no question that I do not like donkey meat as it was served in Verona, Italy. I might like it as served in Caen, France. We shall see. I'm not sure about some things I have heard that people like, but it is likely that I will take a taste.
     I am cuisine curious. I'll try it, but I will not commit to seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment