WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

I hate: Ten Places You Must See Before You...

     Almost everyday I get an ad or announcement on Facebook that tells me that I must see ___ places before I die. Or, they have a test to see how many of the restaurants in Brookline, Massachusetts I have eaten in. You see I subscribe to a good many travel sites all of which know what is best for me.
     Well, I know what is best for YOU. Make a list of all of your favorite places you have seen and great meals that you have had and celebrate them. Only you can what is best for you. Case in point: The Sistine Chapel. We were right outside it and passed. We visited some great religious stores just outside the Vatican instead. I have a 3D program of the chapel and it lets me see all of it. It is not full of tourists and guards telling me not to take pictures. If I could have gotten in on a private tour, preferably with the Pope, I'd have done it. Now, every list of Rome tells me I have to see the chapel before I die. I guess I have prolonged my life. Anyway, don't the writers know that the Sistine Chapel is in the Vatican? It is in a whole different country from where Rome is.
     You might not think the following is much, but I found it one of my favorite places:


Ballydavid North, Dingle, Ireland; Near Castlegregory

No comments:

Post a Comment