WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Souvenirs - what to bring home from Europe

     Souvenirs are  part of travelling. We seem to think we need something to remember a place by. The photo above is of a cheese knife by a famous maker that I bought in Paris. The French use them on picnics. It is very nice. I rarely use it.
     I do collect cardboard coasters given under beverages. Ireland has the best. They cost nothing. We also visit drugstores for supplies we do not want to carry on the plane. I floss with Italian dental floss. I groom my hair with a product picked up in France. I have some cough drops from London. My medicine cabinet reminds me of other places every morning.
     You may not need to bring anything more back than a memory. They last the longest, and your children will not have to wonder "what the heck is that" when they inherit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment