WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Airport Security

     In an airport in Europe they took a photo of me at one end of the process and then compared it electronically to me as I boarded the plane. At another airport I put my passport on a reader and then proceeded after having a computer checking my face. Facial recognition is making things safer and quicker. I have TSA PreCheck, but I must go through additional screening. I get patted down, swabbed, and scanned. I wear a leg brace (sometimes two) and always tell TSA about them when being checked. They are all great about it and I never really have any problems. There is just a little inconvenience.  I prefer being checked than having someone else go unchecked.
     If the security check bothers you, as it does most people, here are a few hints:
     1) Go slow. Take a breath and do not let the line behind you make you rush. Rushing slows the process down.
     2) Think ahead and have everything out of your pockets, your watch off, any heavy jewelry, your cell phone, coins - all in the tray provided.
     3) Realize that the TSA agents are protecting you from bad guys and in order to do that they have to check you out as if you might be one.
     4) Don't resent the agents. They are there to make sure you arrive safely.
     5) If you screw up or leave your cell phone in your pocket or if your underwire bra sets off the metal detector - smile. They deal with folks like us all day everyday.
     6) Smile... oh, I guess I said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment