WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Friday, June 2, 2017

Switzerland is too big...

     Switzerland is considered a small country, but it is way too big to not give it at least a week to visit it. We were coming from Liechtenstein to Lake Como near Milan. I just simply did not set aside enough time for a visit. It was raining hard and all I personally saw was the road ahead of me. I did stop a couple of times to pick up chocolate and CocaCola, but did not see much. We did meet a very nice clerk at a small grocery store who was very helpful and gracious. As I only had Euros I now have my change in Swiss Francs. I will need to use them some day. I want my relatives to choose to visit that country or I will regret it.  I even planned to fly out of Verona over Mont Blanc and  all I saw was clouds.
     Now, what did I learn? I knew it before, but learned it again. You have to take your time. No matter how small a place, you have to invest in it. You cannot know four countries in a week. You can see them, but not know them. So, I kept my Swiss Francs and I am ready to go. I will check the weather first. (Photo by Mike McLellan)

No comments:

Post a Comment