WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Where do angels come from?


The University of London... at the Regent's Square underground stop near the university, I stepped off the train and took the elevator up. It stops about fifty steps below street level. I stood at the bottom of those steps like a statue. I had just lost most of the strength in my arms due to disease and my legs have never been good. The larger consideration was the huge suitcase I was carting around the UK for a month. The luggage had gotten bigger by the mile. ... Out of the elevator poured another load of people and I was in the way. One of the students coming out looked at me, smiled and grabbed the bag. Without a word he lifted it to his shoulder and urged me up the steps. I had the thought that he could be a thief making off with my earthly goods, but it was for nothing. He set the suitcase down at the top of the steps and wished me a good day, Then, he was gone off to the school. I had a "Who was that masked man?" - Lone Ranger - moment and then wheeled the case toward the British Museum and our hotel. We meet these people everywhere we go.

1 comment:

  1. But we only meet them *if* we go. Thanks for reminding me of that.

    ReplyDelete