WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Friday, September 26, 2014

Little surprises

 
For me, the little surprises are worth the trip. Indeed, I love the weeks or months of planning and I enjoy the larger things of travel, but I always bring back the best memories of the things that surprise me. The above photo is one I took in Multnomah Village in Portland, Oregon. It is in front of a "service" station - today known as a gas station - that long ago went out of business along SW Capitol Highway. Left behind and yet now restored is an old gravity gas pump.  I will guess most people do not notice it or if they do they do not know what it is. But, I have to stop and look at it every time I go by.
Below is another example of what I mean. It is an old, long un-used telephone booth in Castle Gregory, Ireland. I am going to imagine that the locals do not notice it at all as they go driving by.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment