WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

999 Places To Visit Before You Die

     People wonder why I spend my income traveling or why I do it at my age. I am in the End-of-life business at a hospital and came back to work after being retired for about 12 years. I appreciate that my life has an end. I do not remember the beginning and the middle has had some ups and downs, but I have made friends with the end. I do not want it too soon, but I do want to be running at the end of the race. No time to quit now.  I don't have enough money to have it make that big of an impact on my heirs, so we are spending it now.  It is sort of a witness to values that include a whole world. I do love my country (USA) but I love my world a little more. So I whittle at my list of places to see and people to meet and foods to try and joys to behold. Here is  place I like:
 The Alps just east of Bolzano, Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment