WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Sunday, October 4, 2026

Rome review

 

St. Peter's and the Vatican 
The conversation with a person just back from Rome concluded that they would never visit again. I tend to agree. There are some magical sights and great history. 
But, it is a long way between special things to see. From the Forum it is way across the city to the Vatican. Most of the places are good one or two time visits.
However, you must deal with crowds and noise and everyone in a hurry.
I suppose this is true with any big city, but I think more pronounced in Rome.
I remember a long cab ride in Vienna when I could actually see things as opposed to a cab ride in Rome that made it necessary to keep my eyes closed and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment