WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Packing for One Month In Italy


Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy

So, the first thing we think about - after our destination - is what to pack. I have a packing list for overseas as well as for the USA. For overseas I make sure I have my medication, good worn-in shoes, my favorite toiletries,  and clothes for a week (because I can wash things out or find a day laundry almost everywhere). I have a foldable hat and a jacket that rolls up the size of a burrito. I bring a small flashlight, my cell phone (tell your carrier you need world access at least two weeks ahead), and a Swiss Army knife (in your checked luggage). Most everything else I can buy in the countries I visit. I do not mind shopping for things as it is educational. Do not overpack. The people you meet will not know you are wearing the same shirt over again. Everything you take needs to be carried. Pack your luggage and then go back and take things out before you go. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment