WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, June 25, 2022

The Pyrenees - I guess

      I foolishly believe that every flight will work out as I plan. I allow for changes and screw-ups in every other aspect of traveling, but feel that my flight will be what I had in mind. We have not had many bad flights, nor cancelled, late or missed ones.  Yet, I have scheduled several flights with the additional purpose of seeing something on the ground. This begins with checking the flight plans and which side of the plane I will need to be on. We flew out of Verona to Paris at ten in the morning so I could see Mont Blanc - nope. It was so cloudy and rainy that I could hardly see the wing.

     In the photo above, I can see the wing but not the Pyrenees. I figures that flying from Paris to Barcelona and Madrid to Paris would guarantee a view of these mountains. They are there under those clouds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment