WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Answers to travel questions


Some people suggest sweats for a long flight, what do you suggest?
     We dress comfortably, but dress at least in business casual. We find that we are taken more seriously and actually get better service. You may fly coach, but you can dress business class. This is also good once you arrive at your destination - no changing clothes.
Any hints about staying well on a long flight?
     I know people who take special vitamins or swear by the little fans they hang around their necks. I have had great luck -- this not scientific -- using Neosporin lightly in my nose. I heard it from a flight attendant.
Are there any must-haves to take on the plane?
     I bring an empty - remember empty - water bottle to fill after security. It helps keep you hydrated. I also cannot fly without chewing gum for the ascent and decent.  If I am going to need to sleep I get low dose Xanax from my doctor or antivert  which makes me sleepy. Honestly, I do not sleep well on a plane, but from my profession I am able to go long hours without sleeping.
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment