WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Three Faces of the Dolomites



     In every adventure there are shades of reality. One is what you hope to encounter. The second is what you see. The third is the memory which can change both into something else.
    The Dolomites of Northern Italy were a long time goal. I am not sure where I first saw a photo of them, but I had to go and see them. Then I saw them and they did not disappoint. Finally, I took   hundreds of my own photos and allow them to bring back memories.
     I took the top photo and then with computer magic enlarged it twice. Each time seeing something different or more clearly. This is how I often explore. I see things at a distance. Maybe through the eyes of another. Then I see them and then replay the experience in my mind's eye.
     The single object has a variety of meanings for me. Expectation - experience - memory. Every place in the world I visit, I encounter them at least three times. I am not sure which is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment