WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

More packing tips

     I always take a photo of everything laid out and again of everything packed. This is in case my luggage gets lost and it also gives me an idea if security has been rummaging around in my stuff.
     I put things in cubes and also in plastic bags (especially shoes). If you cannot remember what is in the bags, label them. I always put my shaving and cleaning gear on top in case I need a freshening up and do not want to dig.
     In the mesh part of the lid are copies of the itinerary and my passport. Plus I have information on how to find me while I am on the trip. It does me no good to have someone who finds my bag calling my home as -duh- I am not there. I do carry a world cell phone which is expensive, but handy.
     Some people believe in rolling clothes and others in laying them flat in the luggage. I lay my pants and folded dress shirts flat and roll my underwear. My socks take up less room when flat and are inside other things like my shoes.
     Do not put medications or your prescriptions in your checked luggage. Keep them with you. I carry a man-purse (actually an old camera case) with medications, documents, one day's currency at destination and camera with me as it is permitted as an additional free carry-on. In my carry on is a change of clothes and my qt bag of liquids.

No comments:

Post a Comment