WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

What are you afraid of?

Flying?
 Dangerous places>
People who are different?
     I am afraid of missing out on the variety of human experience and not taking advantage of the wisdom of other cultures. I am a little nervous leaving home because I am not sure what I will find in the larger world, but nerves turn into excitement when I encounter happy, caring people in other nations.
     I have learned that I like some foreign foods and hate others. I would never had known that had I not tried them. I have learned that people around the world are much the same while being different. The differences are minor, the common things wonderful.
     Do you want to make America great again? Remember it is great because of variety. It is no greater than any other country... it is just ours ... like we appreciate our homes more than other places. But, America is great because we are not afraid, not bowing to the fear of others. They are not scary. They are interesting and friends you just have not met yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment