WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

What do you bring back?


     These are photos of the cats of the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. We did not bring back a cat, only a photo.
     We do not buy much on trips as we have other ways of remembering our adventures. But, today as I was getting ready to leave the house I realized that I have bought some things. I have on a shirt purchased in Granada Spain (ran out of clothes and sent things to the laundry). Over the shirt is a sweater from Munich Germany (I was cold. The sweater cost 10 Euros.) Around my neck is a nice scarf that was also 10 Euros and was purchased in Prague (I was cold there too.) Socks, underwear and pants are all from the United States although they have traveled to other countries along with my shoes. Today's shoes are my worn and comfortable walking shoes. Oh, in my pocket is a knife I bought at the large department store in Paris. I am a buying of utilitarian objects. No trinkets for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment