WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Screen on the back of the seat

I enjoy (probably too much) the screen on the back of the plane seats. I do watch movies, but much of my time is watching the progress of our trip. I also learn a little geography. On the screen it may indicate what is below, and many times, on a clear day, I can look out the window and see it. Most often, the clouds (because we are flying about 35,000 feet) make me unable to see the ground.

I have a question and welcome an answer. A flight on WOW (yes, I know they do not exist any more) we flew from CDG to Edinburgh. On the coast of France I looked down on a very pretty little island. I wanted the name. Map-It and Goggle Earth does not have it... I have searched. Anyone know the name?

No comments:

Post a Comment