WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Surprise in Spain


 


A year or so ago, I was in an Antiques and Collectable store in Portland, Oregon.  There I saw an old fashioned drinking glass (see left above). It was a dollar and I bought it because it reminds me of the gone-a-go days of drinking wine from these glasses. They still use them for that in Europe. I noted at the time that the bottom is marked, in English, "Made in Spain".
A couple of years ago were traveling around Spain and I found a store like we have called, "Made In Spain". Ours are "Made in Oregon".  We went in. It was brightly lighted and reminded me of IKEA. On a display near the entry were these old fashioned glasses in three sizes: wine, high ball, and water. As a scotch drinker, I knew I needed to pay 2 Euros for the high ball size. I now have a set of old-new glasses. It is complete as I rarely drink water.

No comments:

Post a Comment