WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Green Cross

(Stock photo from Internet)
     In Europe the green cross means a drugstore or pharmacy rather than a cannabis store like in my state. If you travel in Europe you may have need of one of these places. I needed foot power in Florence, cough syrup in London, Tylenol in Verona, and antibiotics in Munich. I got antiacids in Bratislava, and dental floss in Northern Italy.  I don't carry things like these with me. I do make sure I have my regular meds, but these are not Third World countries. They have what you may need.

    The pharmacists do most of the doctoring, but I did have to go to urgent care in Germany. Urgent care was a whole lot cheaper than in the USA.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment