We often take cabs in Europe. It is an easy way for us. For example it costs 15 Euros per person to take a cab from CDG into Paris and the driver handles the luggage. The photo above is a gussied up Black Cab in London. We would probably not take it as it it not traditional.
Let's look at two of the many cab rides I have had. In Rome we were late for a meeting at the Vatican. The trip alone would give you religion. It was like an uncontrolled Disneyland ride. Obviously we made it. In Vienna I had hurt my back and my leg hurt too bad to walk so I left the group and took a cab. The driver was to take me back to the wharf but there are many one way streets. I knew he was lost as I saw most of Vienna. He slowed and alas there was the wharf. I should have more faith. In Paris we were on northside and needed to get toward the river. I asked the cabby if he could go over Montmartre to get a view of the city. He did not charge us for it and enjoyed the view and much as we did.
I am sure some folks like Uber of Lyft. We will take cabs.

No comments:
Post a Comment