WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Internet and education

The Internet is a big help to travelers, especially those who write. When I was writing for the Tracy Press every week, I carried "starter" in a USB stick and would go to Internet cafes and send in a weekly column wherever I would be. Now, I suppose I would use a iPad.

When traveling through Ireland, I wrote about the experience and sent in columns and made blog posts whenever possible. People might ask me what I was doing as I would come in, pay two Euros and start writing. While I did check email (it was before I carried my smart phone) all I did was write.

A young boy playing video games was sitting next to me in Trim, Ireland and we struck up a conversation while typing side-by-side. He told me about school, life in a smaller Irish town and how they made lots of movies there. I was writing a column on driving on the left side of the road or as I felt the wrong side of the road. (Maybe I’ll post that again.)

I learned a great deal from going on the Internet..

No comments:

Post a Comment