WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Pardon me, sir, but you can't take that picture...

So, you are in the Sistine Chapel and no photos are allowed, but everyone is taking them. You cannot take a photo of Michelangelo's David at the Academia in Florence, but lots of people do. Then, on the other hand, people were taking all sorts of photos in museums in Paris and no one asked them not to. Interestingly the places that prohibit photos also sell big books of pictures in their gift shops, but that would not be the reason for the rule... I confess that I took the picture above in Muckross House on the Western Coast of Ireland. I was in the kitchen at the end of the tour. I saw this platter on the fireplace and it is exactly like one we have. I could not keep myself from it... and then I heard it, "Pardon me, sir, but you can't take that picture..." It should be "you should not take that picture.." or "you may not take that picture..." but you can see I could and did. I am deeply sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment