WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Where to go in 2016?

Stairway in Kilkenny, Ireland
 
     Many of the travel websites that I surf have various lists of places we "must see" in 2016. What are the "hot" spots for the traveler in 2016?  Who are they to tell us what our passions, yearnings, and interests are?
     Every year I find my travel "to go" list gets bigger and changes. I talk to friends and their excitement about a trip excites me.  I find a news article that makes me want to go somewhere - or not go somewhere. The list is modified.
     My grandson wants to go to Africa and my Granddaughter wants to go to Harry Potter's England. I think Portugal sounds interesting and while I'm there I need to see Andorra and Spain. But, then again, the Eastern European countries are calling. Yet, I have a bum knee that needs work.
     The truth is that these are problems of the financially blessed. There are millions of people wondering what they are going to do about their hunger.  So, today as I think about the New Year, I ask us all to spend some time just being grateful that we can dream, scheme and plan for our future adventures. Most of us are very fortunate. 

     


No comments:

Post a Comment