WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Airline satisfaction

I took this photo last week as we were boarding a Southwest Airlines plane to Phoenix at the Oakland, California Airport. The news has been saying that people are more satisfied with airline performance of late. I have only had a few bad experiences with an actual airline. I am not very happy with Delta. The last few flights have in in pretty shabby aircraft. Aer Lingus is low cost for a reason and Air Italia exists to sell duty-free things. Southwest, Jet Blue, and Alaska/Virgin America are good domestic values. Our airline of choice is Air France.
     What makes air travel less than satisfactory is what happens on the ground. Parking is a chore. Security is a long wait for a rush through the system - which to me is stressful. I hate to make others wait even though I waited. The boarding process is getting better as the overhead bins get bigger. The hard thing for me - if I do not fly business class - is legroom. I am a bigger guy. Premium is a bargain for me on long flights, especially on the larger Airbus that has two seats on each side - no middle seat. I suppose that my dissatisfaction is with my unwillingness to spend thousands of dollars for 12 hours of comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment