WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Friday, May 27, 2016

We have top story reservations plus some more reservations...

      We are frequent flyers on Air France. We like the service, and have reserved a couple of seats on the top floor of the Airbus 380 on our way to Spain, Portugal and Gibraltar. Our only problem is going through TSA security to get on the flight. There is a good amount of news about the TSA lately.
     I do not blame TSA. The system is a double-bind. We need to be secure, but we need to board quickly. My experience is that I arrive early, but I am also hurried through the system. It rattles me and because I do not want to inconvenience people behind me, I sometimes make a mistake and it ends up slowing the process. Last flight (on Southwest through Phoenix) I irritated the TSA agent to words (not beyond words).  Really, I am sorry, but if they had more agents and I didn't feel pushed I might not let the pressure get to me.
     The time before that, in Detroit, they had one agent being supervised by another agent and a long line.The supervisor could not be bothered with checking people through.  It is difficult to be sympathetic. It is difficult.
     You cannot walk to Spain or take a train from San Francisco. Two Valium and maybe I can do it without feeling like a cow on the way to be graded and slaughtered.

No comments:

Post a Comment