WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Unexpected Road Race

We were in the Dolomites of Northern Italy. We had rented a Mercedes B Class from Auto Europe (Auto Europe is our go to rental car) and were traveling to Val Gardena. I passed a crossroads and turned a corner and was suddenly behind around eight or ten Porsches. There were another dozen or so that fell in behind me. I realized that I was in the middle of a road rally. Even though the Mercedes was black - the same color as the Porsches - I was no match on those twisting mountain roads. I made it a mile or so before I realized I was not only out of my league but I was also starting to wonder if I would fly off a cliff. Then I saw it. A turn out lay ahead and I took it. Zoom. The Porsches went by in a flash.  Marietta McLellan, co-pilot, took the above photo through the windshield. Next time I will rent a Ferrari in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment