WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Google Earth

     In former days I had friends and family that posted a map of the world in their homes. They would mark the places that they have gone. I have done that with TripAdvisor map, but the one I like most stays on my computer as Google Earth. I literally go somewhere BEFORE I go somewhere and then I can go somewhere AFTER I go somewhere. I check out the frontages of hotels and destinations before putting them on my list.  One thing that we have also learned is to research places to stay on all the sites and then go directly to the website of the venues to make reservations. The travel sites change the hotel or B&B 10 to 20%. What that often means is that by booking through a second party you will often get an inferior room. Use your internet resources!

No comments:

Post a Comment