WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

The Roman Theater in Verona, Italy


     Because I am always talking about trips, people will ask me questions like "What is the best place to see in Verona?" I am glad to deal with those questions, but first I have to translate them. First, I did spend several days and nights in Verona and loved the city, but it was only a a few days so I did not see all of it. Second, what I think is wonderful you may not like. Third, sometimes I get caught up with the local folks so much that I don't pay attention to some things.
      Case in point is the old Roman Theater in Verona. It was only a block or so away from  our bed and breakfast. I was taken by the fact that it is still working theater. I like theaters. I spent my time looking at the rigging and the way the stage was set. I also do not do stairs very well, so my wife climbed up to the top level were the more ancient aspects of the place are located. So, I only saw part of the place. In my opinion it was a good visit, but if you only have a day in Verona, there are other places I would recommend. I am saying that whatever I say is my opinion based on limited facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment