WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Don't mess with a baboon: Zimbabwe

     This guy is the size of a large dog; I would guess around 100 pounds. I was sitting with friends at a picnic table in Zimbabwe near Victoria Falls. One of the friends had purchased cookies as she was hungry. She didn't get to eat more than one. I turned my back on this guy and he jumped on me going like a freight train, reached around, and grabbed the bag of cookies and was off to eat them. He did not hurt me, other than my feelings, but "startled" took on new meaning. This photo was taken by me prior to our encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment