WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Aboard the Ferry South of Shannon, Ireland The tweed jacket


I do not like posting pictures of myself, but this one has a reason. Forget me for a moment and look at the nice tweed jacket I am wearing. We are crossing the Shannon River and I was looking at where we are headed. I had figured that when in Ireland you should try to look Irish to blend in. I already look  Irish -sort of- but I was sure a tweed jacket would make me even less American looking. I bought the coat and it is a Pendleton Wool. I wear often now. However, as for stereotypes, I am sure that some Irishmen wear tweed jackets, but I did not see one. It is like buying a beret to wear to France or buying western boots to wear way-out-west in San Francisco. It was in Ireland that I decided to wear nice clothes, but make them my own. For, you see, in this big world Nike and Reebok are everywhere. In all my European travels I have yet to be mistaken for a European. 

No comments:

Post a Comment