WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Venice balcony - I would never have seen it if I had kept my own rules

           Obvious this photo was taken on September 14, 2012.  We were in Venice in the middle of a trip to Italy. Now, I hate tourist attractions.I am not attracted to Disneyland or to "Santa's Village". When I go places, I want to visit with people and get to know everyday life. So, I make it a rule that is everyone does it, I don't - if I can help it.
          I have a picture on this blog of us in a gondola in Venice. I was not going to get in one. I had all sorts of notions about them. But, as you can see, I went out in one and I think the picture is pretty cool with the gondolier pushing off with his foot. We are not mad or tired in the picture, the sunlight was in our eyes.
          The point here, is that on the tour of the canals we came upon the building in the photo above. We would not have seen it unless we took the gondola. I love the colors - pinks and rose. The balcony is pretty and I wonder who lives there and how they got there. There is a story here and I want to know more. It is something that I am glad I did not miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment