WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Home on the Seine

It was a hard sell to get me on a long riverboat down the Seine. I like to drive, even in foreign counties, because I think I see more. Driving certainly lets you keep your own schedule. But, I really did like the river cruise. It was just a fourth of our trip last July: Paris, the Seine, Normandy. Yet, as I was not driving, I had a glass of wine -well, one didn't last the whole five days- went up to the sundeck and actually saw things rather than the road. The photo above would not have been seen from the road in any case. What a pretty house! I still have no desire for a big ship, but a river cruise now and then seems nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment