WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

TRAVEL NOTES

     I admit that I did not take or make this photo. I copied it from a travel website. I really like it and believe it is why travelers are different folks. My wife and I are planning two trips right now and just thinking about them broadens my mind - and tires it out. One is to Europe and the other is to the deserts of the Southwest in the U.S.A. My head is full of confirmation numbers. But, planning is exciting and nearly as much fun as going. However, both are risky. What if I find out that people in other places are just as smart, aware and clever as we are? I already have been subverted to believe that the Europeans are way ahead of us in providing health care. I also was amazed to discover that many Irishmen are sober... Anyway, thanks to Mark Twain.

No comments:

Post a Comment