WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Should I cancel my planned trip to Paris?

      The question about cancelling a a trip to France, especially Paris, is being asked around the internet. There has been violence in Paris - is it safe? I'd like to answer it for myself and in the process address travel safety in general.
      I plan on going. I went to New York after 9-11. I went to London after the subway bombings. I went to Ireland after the revolution. I went to San Francisco after the earthquake.
      I tend to think that places are safer after something happens because everyone is on alert. That and the fact that you never know what is going to happen. Living with "if's" is part of every day. You cannot let "if's" or "maybe's" keep you from doing things. You can fall down the stairs at home or you can get hit by a car or a comet could hit your house. There are lots of "if's".
      So, I will get on an Air France flight taking the same very low risk I do every other time. You never have a guarantee of anything. You might ask me if I would be scheduling a trip to Syria, but that would be another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment