WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Every photo has a story

     Each photo has a story behind it. Some are more interesting than others and some stories are "I just took this because it was a petty sunset". The one above is obviously of the two of us in Venice. I personally was against going in a gondola. It seems cheesy. But, we had paid for the ride as part of paying for something else and cheesy or not I am cheap. We were in the gondola with another couple and had just come back from the Grand Canal. They made an offer to take our photo and so my wife handed them her camera. I had sun glasses on for the first photo and it was not good. I put my regular glasses on just as we came to a 90 degree turn into a side canal. The gondola was swinging around and about to hit the wall when the gondolier used his foot to stop the gondola and kick off from the wall. Snap. And, there you have it. I am squinting from taking off my sunglasses and do not look as happy as I felt. You can see that the gondolier was feeling a sense of pride in the moment. He is nearly posing. I liked the picture so much that I have used it here on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment