WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Packing List

I have developed a packing list over the last 20 years that is very comprehensive and reminds me of what to bring and what NOT to bring. For example, if the country I am visiting is not a Third World Country, I remind myself that they have toothpaste and mouthwash and everything else in the modern medicine cabinet. I do not have to pack it all in my case.

I also remind myself that most modern nations have laundry service and I can pack for a week and if need be I can get my clothes clean for another week and another. I do carry quick drying underwear and socks so I can wash things out at night.

My list is very complete and includes such items as baby wipes to clean around my airline seat. but most important is the note at the bottom of the list that requires that I remember to pack - in my carry on - a sense of humor.

Enough requests and I will post a copy here.

Now, today's picture:
The little fisherman from a museum in Florence Italy - photo by me,
Remember your camera and extra chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment