WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Mike's nearly-helpful hints


 So, I go to drugstores in countries I visit. You can learn a good deal about the culture there. I also need something from time to time. Make sure when going to  Europe that you take your own Tylenol as it is very expensive in places. But, mostly the things you need are reasonable.

As a warning: before you get too far away from the drugstore, write what it is on the box. The alternative is getting home and not having a clue what you have. The examples are above. The nice red box is one that I got in Slovakia  (Bratislava). I went into a very nice drugstore and ordered like three things I was low on.  This is not a prescription, but I don't remember what it is and the writing on the box doesn't help me. The one on the bottom is probably like Mucinex in the USA, but I am not sure. I got it at an Urgent Care in Munich for a sinus infection. I was two days from a 12 hour flight home and I needed an antibiotic. I got that. I did not open this box. I wish I had written on it dosage or name.

No comments:

Post a Comment