WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

My Health...

 

On July 24th, our wedding anniversary, I experienced several gifts. The first was from Marietta who acted immediately upon me telling her to call 911. She trusted me and did not asked questions. The second was the operator for emergency who used her training to have me chew 4 baby aspirins and alert others. It was only a few minutes and AMR rolled up with the Tracy Fire Department (South County Fire). They acted quickly to get me loaded and by lights and siren to Saint Joseph’s Hospital. On the way the EMT’s worked to stabilize my racing heart. In a short time, I was in the Emergency department of the hospital with several sharp young doctors at my side. Once stabilized I was transferred to a telemetry bed. Finally, I received a defibrillator in my left chest. Four days later I was home again.

I had a heart attack which is called a “widow maker”, but my future widow and the first responders did not want that yet. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the quick response, the skill of the EMTs, the work of the doctors and nurses. And I need to thank the chaplain and pastor who came to visit along with uttered and silent prayers. As a hospital chaplain I know that everything worked together so that I may be typing this and planning for the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment