WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

European makeup

I know I have a bunch of photos of these green crosses but cannot find one.
This is a cut and paste one from Goggle.
     Everyone seems to wish to bring something back with them from a trip abroad. I usually bring bar coasters - I am cheap. My wife likes European makeup.  She says that it has less chemicals. So, when she goes someplace like France, Italy or Spain she will have stopped at a drugstore (pharmacy or apothecary) and purchased makeup. She likes the smaller stores over the big ones like Harrod's or Printemps. She particularly liked a store in Gibraltar. Drugstores are marked by green crosses in Europe. 
      The only things I have brought home from a drugstore in Europe are dental floss, foot powder and acetaminophen. I did buy a great man's hairspray in Paris which I dropped and broke in Granada, but I do not count it as I never actually brought it home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment