WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Fused Glass

Ancient piece of fused glass shown at the British Museum, London
Glass museum Murano, Venice, Italy

Because I work in fused glass at home, when I am out and about I am drawn to art glass everywhere. When in any major city I will stop at galleries or in museums and check out the glass work. Certainly the most famous place is Murano, an island of Venice where they do amazing work. There is also a museum there that includes work by Picasso who I did not know worked in glass. The British Museum has the oldest glass I have seen, some from the Greeks and Egyptians.  It is fun for me to use glass as a way of tying my travels together.

No comments:

Post a Comment