WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Castle in Liechtenstein

     This is the castle in Liechtenstein overlooking the kingdom near Vaduz. Liechtenstein was on my list of "must-sees", but I must admit that I was disappointed. I am not sure why. It may be that it was right after Austria or right before Switzerland. It might have been the rain. Most likely it was the fact that it just did not have a good deal of pizzazz.  I am not sure what I was expecting.
     I don't know if others have had this kind of experience; one where you find even an interesting and pretty place disappointing. It has happened to me rarely, but it happens. Maybe I had heard lots of hype and they did not live up. I am not sure.
     I do know that I have been wonderfully surprised by places that I have been reluctant to like. I suppose this is what makes travel an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment