WELCOME

This blog is about the adventure of traveling and especially the interesting people that you meet. We will share stories about people and places we have encountered from around the United States, Ireland, Scotland, England, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Canada, Spain, Mexico, The Vatican, The Netherlands, Belgium, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Liechtenstein, Portugal, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and more. This is not a travelogue -- we leave that to Rick Steves -- this is a collection of fragments in the journey of life.


SINGLE CLICK TO INCREASE SIZE OF PHOTO - THEN CLICK AGAIN TO SUPER SIZE IT... works on most photos on this blog.

HOME: http://drmikeonthego.blogspot.com/ Cut and paste for complete blog. Remember to add this to your "favorites". Share with friends. - thanks.

Friday, December 29, 2017

Borrowed bucket lists


     It was a very long time ago that I saw photos of the Dolomite Mountains in northern Italy. They immediately went on my desired places to go, right under Scotland (our ancestral home).  When my grandson took his turn to choose, he chose Africa and that included Victoria Falls in Zambia and Zimbabwe. I thought that a safari would be fun, but I knew that much of the southern part of Africa is desert. I have seen desert although not populated by big game. He gave us a surprise. Victoria Falls and that trip should have been on my preferred list, as well. 
      I am a member of Rotary International and think in worldwide terms.  Over lunch I hear about other people's trips and adventures and choose whether or not to put them on my own list. I probably am missing a good deal by my own bias. The more we travel the more I realize that every place on the globe has an important story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment